Join us as a volunteer
In order to support our events and programs, the Centre is constantly looking for volunteers in different functional areas such as Summer Camp leader, event support, Museum tour guides, and front desk support. All volunteering done at the Cultural Centre will count toward volunteer credit hours; we keep all records and provide you with a copy when needed.
Great News: We are looking for Volunteers working as The Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre Ambassador
The Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre Ambassador (CCCCA Ambassador)
In order to promote the beauty and the development of Chinese culture, as well as deepen the understanding and recognition, and the interest in exploring the origin of Chinese culture, overseas Chinese, especially the youth, play a vital role in this position. The Cultural Centre is now recruiting "Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre Ambassador" (hereinafter referred to as "Ambassadors") so as to strengthen the influence of Chinese culture overseas. Ambassadors will be participating in a series of activities that are going on within the Centre, and promote Chinese culture to our friends in the community.
Target audience: Youth (Grade 10+), adult volunteers, Chinese proficiency is not required
Responsibilities of Ambassadors:
1. Regularly participate in the Centre’s activities
2. Learn about the history of the Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre
3. Get familiar with the background and historical knowledge of the museum collections in the Centre
4. Receive training on museum guided tours and serve as museum guides
5. Improve the image of the Centre in Chinatown and the influence of Chinatown in Calgary
6. Stimulate the interest of communities in Calgary in Chinese culture, as well as enhance the sense of responsibility of the Chinese in the future of Calgary, actively participate in the cultural development of Calgary, and ultimately, improve the image and influence of Chinese in the community!
The Centre welcomes everyone to apply for the Ambassador position. The Centre will assign different positions to the volunteers based on their potentials. Relevant training will also be provided. We look forward to having you in our Centre!
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out the form below and we will contact you if and when we have a suitable position available.